Committing some time to Spring Cleaning can really make you feel better about the state of your home, but for most people the process of actually doing it isn’t particularly enjoyable. If you approach it in the right way, however, it needn’t be as daunting as it might seem at first.
A few simple tips will help you on the way, and you can do a great job without buying overly complicated or expensive cleaning products to look after your home and valuable home furnishings:
- Clean from the top down. This can applied room to room and from upstairs to downstairs, making sure to dust and sweep surfaces, then hoover all carpets and floors as the final step.
- Turn to the right when you walk in a room and follow the walls around to make sure you don’t miss a spot.
- Use a clean, damp microfibre cloth for dusting. Hold the cloth up with one corner and, using a spray bottle, mist it with clean water. This should give you just enough moisture to pick up any dust without the streaky marks or unpleasant smells of polish.
- Remember to dust shelves and furniture first.
- Move on to windows, skirting boards and then vacuum.
- Use a quality spray cleaner and clean cloth to eliminate any streaks on the windows. Clean the inside horizontally, and the outside vertically. That way you will be able to see any marks from the direction the streaks are going in!
When you are spring cleaning don’t forget to empty kitchen cupboards and throw away anything that has expired. Do the same with your fridge and use a multi-purpose anti-bacterial cleaner to wipe the inside before re-stocking. If you have white bedding or towels, put in to wash with a natural whitening agent such as lemon juice or white vinegar. Then hang them outside to dry as the sun will naturally brighten them and give them that great spring fresh smell. Go through cupboards and drawers and create keep, donate, dispose of the piles of belongings.
Did you know the air inside your house is ten times dirtier than outside? It is the perfect place for bacteria and pollen to build up over the winter months. You can help reduce allergens in the home such as mould, mildew and dust mites with a top to bottom clean, but even the most thorough spring cleaning won’t remove what is hidden deep beneath the surface of your carpets and upholstery. The carpet is the largest textile in your home, which makes it a perfect place for these unwanted foreign bodies to hide.
We have many different cleaning services at 4CityClean that will address these problems and get you back on the right track with your housework while relieving you and your guests from allergens and unpleasant odours that naturally build up when carpet and upholstery is not thoroughly cleaned. Get in touch with us today to find out how our friendly, knowledgeable team can help.